15 August 2008
What has happened to Tolerance?
UiTM Student Protest
from TheStarOnline
It's very sad.
It is said this generation's youths in Malaysia are becoming more and more racist.
As much as Petronas festive advertisements show harmony among races, we still have youths today who would not hesitate to fight another human being of another race.
This racial strife is going to become worse if nothing is done.
But then also, I wonder why the police didn't break up the demonstrations, which obviously did not have a police permit for so many people. The police were present for all other demonstrations...
Point to ponder.
------------
I have a variety of friends from all races. Malay, Indian, Chinese and even Eurasian. I speak fluent Malay and I speak a few words of Tamil. I speak at least 3 chinese dialects.
I like the easy-going nature of Malays.
I like how Indians have many values and homeliness that people tend to overlook based on generalisation.
I can't say much about the Chinese because I one! :P
But all in all, the media is making a big issue of all this, and I know the media knows, it's not good to have this tension in the air.
---------------
I don't usually write about politics or racism, but I read this article and just couldn't believe that thousands of people were demonstrating.
Were they there for the fun, joy and laughter? Did they know what they were doing? Were they there just because everyone was there so "go with the flow"? Because, it is no funny matter.
Fear is understood.
For the last election, when PAS was the talk of the town and everyone was voting for them, did you not think the other races feared? They did worry, but they did not scream and shout and kick their legs in the air like spoilt kids! They did what they had to do and went all out to vote against what they feared. That's all it took.
No drama-mama.
--------------
Think about your actions. Will it bring damage to the country, to others?
If it harms others, the harm will come back to you - eventually. We're all linked in an intricate cycle that will blow your puny minds away. Every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction.
Don't push it too hard. That's tolerance...
--------------
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Malaysia is already a circus to the world. What else is new....
Post a Comment