It's Sunday. Tomorrow is granny's birthday. We celebrated it on SUnday so the whole family can be around. We had all the food on the table.
Pork Rib Curry. Fish Head Curry. Chicken Rice. 2 whole chicken. Potato Salad. Popo's own recipe of salad. And some other stuff I can't remember.
I just got back from a meeting in the church and was rather tired. But everyone was going in and out of kong kong's room, asking him stuff, trying to see what was wrong.
It turned out grandpa was in some form of pain. I thought it was just pain that had him all curled up like a prawn. But then his calf muscles were twitching and he was holding on to the bed railings as if he was going to fall.
Asking him questions were of no use because we really didn't know if he heard what we were saying.
By about 20 minutes into his convulsions, we started to worry and wondered what to do. Unc Vic called a doctor friend who mentioned he might be going into stroke.
We took grandpa's blood pressure at least 3 times, and it was very high (194,128) somewhere along that line, with his heart rate at 140+.
I think the doctor told unc to prick his fingertips, or was it soem email taht he read before.
So we took a sewing needle and started to prick his fingers. Grandpa started to shout everytime one finger was pricked. But it seemed to work. Because after the needle (it was too thick), we used the 'needle punch thingy' that was used to test his blood sugar level.
THE NEEDLE PRICK IS PROVEN TO HELP PREVENT STROKE!!
It makes sense anyway, It's kinda like the blood pressure needs an outlet, and the little holes at your fingertips allow for it.
The ambulance was called earlier and by the time the ambulance arrived, they bundled him onto a stretcher and took him to the hospital.
Grandpa is better now. Leaving hospital today, i think.
He's having all forms of 'getting old ailments'. Staying at home too long is not good either. So gong out and staying in the hospital for a few days probably gave him more energy than being at home and not eating and drinking at all.
--------------
I'm in Shah Alam at the moment. It's meant to be a branch visit that I'm wondering if i should have taken so many days to be here.
However, I should try to look around and find out how and what goes on. But it seems like everyone is bumming around too.
So many staff here doing, I know not what. It's weird.
--------------
No comments:
Post a Comment