04 April 2008

A few days/weeks/months away

It's been some time. The office network didn't seem to allow me to log on to blogger. But today, it miraculously allowed me to.

Perth was great. Always loved the weather there, despite it being very sunny and hot. I am 'charred'.

The reason for Perth was for my cousin's wedding. A small simple wedding in a church adn a 7 table dinner in Northbridge in the evening. Chinese food in Perth is actually very good.

We went to Happy Meal at Vic Park, Albany Highway for the first night. they have very good food and big servings. I think we ordered about 8 dishes. I was too full to move after that.

Coupled with a 2 hour sleep on the flight to Perth from Singapore, it was incredible that I was still standing during dinner.

My body was giving way, yet the legs still trundled on.

-----------

Renting a car in Perth is easy enough. Affordable rates. The roadmap is easy to follow and with the roads not changing for the past 10 years, it's not difficult to drive on the roads.

I ended up driving most of the time because dad was not sure of the road. It's really stressful to lead the way for a 3-car convoy. You miss the road and everyone will be grumbling. However, the few days that we were there, everything went smoothly enough.

------------

The courier package for Lyn was interesting. At the airport, we declared the stuff and everything went though except for two packs of flavouring for Nasi Briyani and the ginseng. It was not the ginseng itself, but these little seed-looking things in the ginseng. So we asked if we could take out the seed-looking things and keep the ginseng.

luckily, there was no other persons behind us, so they happily found us a HUGE bag to pick out teeny weeny seed-looking stuff out. And we kept the GINSENG! :P

I bought the box from a post office branch, the size of an archive box. Bought it too early, but I didn't know if I was going to see another. So i carried the empty box all over town, while shopping in Target and along Murray Street.

It's a good thing the box was sturdy enough.

I went back and packed in t shirts, jeans, jacket, ginseng, curry, a cd, shampoo and i can't remember what, into the box, taped it up and stuck on Lyn's address which I printed out beforehand.

Looking for the post office is another adventure. We knew there was one near the apartment we stayed in - Angelo Lodge - alogn the great eastern highway, but it was blocked by the traffic light and trees, so we missed it.

Mum and I went looking for the post office cos dad was too sleepy. So we drove all the way to vic park to send the big box.

It came up to AUD23.50 to send the big box of stuff via regular mail. It's a good thing I sent it regular, because Lyn received it on Tuesday, when I sent it on Friday. That was rather fast!

--------------

The wedding was good. simple and quick and no fuss. quiant catholic churh in Como, with a dinner at james' kitchen in Northbridge. It was all very good.

I had to wake up very early at 6:30am to go to the house for the bride pick-up fanfare. reached the house at 8am. from the photos, i still look really fat...

oh well...

Then we got back to rest a while, but i went along to the tea ceremony and was going to faint from exhaustion, and it's time to go for dinner already.

Long day...

-------------

Shopping was mainly in town, at this fairly new place called Harbour Town, and at fremantle. i bought:

1. black shoes (finally)
2. a blouse (it was meant for dinner, but i didn't wear it eventually)
3. a box
4. chocolates
5. tm tam biscuits
6. a clip on sunglass (needed them cos i drove so much and the glare from the sun was making my eyes painful)

------------

All in all, the trip was good. the flight was good. and now i'm back in the office and i'm struggling to get everything in order.

Being a one-man-show in office has it's ups and downs. now is the 'down'...

This month is going to be really busy too.

I have another exam on the 22nd. I have not studied!

**bangs head on wall**

--------------

No comments: