My story (boring huh? As if I have nothing else to talk about)
Once upon a time, when i was still a boisterous, hyper, rebellious and irritating kid, I had thoughts of running away from home and joining the circus. Well, I did come close to being part of the circus. *winks*
I took going to the playground on my own an adventure. Walking home from the customs to my house, a BIG adventure. Daring and brave. I had a music teacher that gave us our sense of adventure. My sense of doing what you think cannot be done. The quality of making things happen.
Thanks Susan!!
Then I had my times in school where I practically dirtied my hands in everything that i could get my hands on. Best of all was Drama club. A dying club, till me and me pals came along and made full use of the word "DRAMA".
The Makan Place: A Musical...
A hands-on script, director, props-making, songs writing and acting. (I made my own role. I PLOPPED myself into the story when I realised there was no spot for me. So I created my own spot.)
how thick skinned can I be?!!!
My outward bound 5 days 4 nights. the place where I suffered the rain and wind and a sprained knee. Where I canoed 8 hours just to get to an island that is actually 2 hours away. Out in the deep ocean - with fever and flu. I nearly died.
Heavy rainfall and climbing a rock. Sprained my knee. Got all wet. Cold wind next to the sea.
--------------
I think back and I wonder where I got the determination to run my 2.4km in 11 min. I look back and wonder how I endured 8 hours of canoeing with a high fever and flu. I was shivering so badly that i couldn't even hold my spoon properly. My fingers could not straighten for two weeks.
Where has that determination gone to as we grow older?
Where is the encouragement that I play in my mind over and over again, "Don't stop, Charlotte! You can do it! C'mon!"
---------------
God blessed me with a brain. (yeah.... does it come as a surprised to you?)
Studying came easy for me. Well, I didn't like English Lit. I thought the method was stupid. How could you set questions such as "After reading the passage above, please state what happened before that passage?"
Aren't you asking the student to MEMORISE the whole book? Such "no intelligence needed" questions. So I rebelled and got myself a C6 for Lit.
Literature in SAM, Taylors, is what I call literature. It's about disecting a book and analysing it bit by bit.
Why did they do that? Why did the writer say that? what was the history behind this story that led to the author stating this event?
----------------
Oh ya, my ring in my thumb. Well, not thumb.... but thumbnail. I think I'll do that again. My nail is longer now. Need to find the small teeny weeny ring. I'll take a pic of it and show you what it's all about.
I likes the nail ring...
-------------
Till then....
No comments:
Post a Comment