I have always had the dream of having people come to a theater or concert hall or better still, big huge stadium, just to hear me talk and laugh their guts out!
Nice thought huh? *ponders*
"...... ........ ....."
All my wit usually happens better as a duo.
HEY, Kar-cheng... you wanna finish your law degree and come pair up with me for a stand-up comedy stint? :)
---------
To start with, we need a script. Huh? You thought that those famous stand up comedians go up there and rattle off from their brain? I wish I could, but timing will be a big problem if that happenes.
Several type of routines/scripts:
When-I-was-young-type of stories
What-irritating-things-people-do stories
How-different-you-and-I-are type of comparisons
Lewd-crappy-sex-related jokes will definitely make people laugh but not suitable for the kids
My-weaknesses-are-the-funniest-thing testamonies
Racial-type-jokes which have to be told in such a way where EVERY race is whacked
-----------------
I used to sit on a swing near my house and look up at the sky and wonder if it will ever fall down on my head.
*Look up and stare. And stare*
It never did. For a while I thought it would. But then someone told me it was actually puberty. Teenage life was approaching. So I wondered if puberty is the way to heaven.
In a way, I was right.
-----------------
Have you ever wondered how it was when we were in school and always thought that you wanted to leave school asap and work and have fun like the adults? Why didn't school teach us to stay in school and NEVER leave?! That would be the more practical thing to do rather than telling us "x + y = z".
I have never used that formula in the bank!
-------------------
Thank you.
To be continued....
--------------
2 comments:
hi. Did you know that a ticket to any stand up comedian show costs a ghastly not less than RM60/-? They are really very good, and i enjoy the suspense put into the scenarios. Get yr uncle to bring you to some of these and you may hone your skills. Earn enough to give to charity too. whats x + y = z, do you mean ZZZzzz...God Bless.
The only X + Y = Z i know is
axe(kena retrenched) + why = Zzzz (sleep)
Post a Comment