Since the last post...
Took exams in which I passed 1 and failed 2. Hence, I need to resit (for the 3rd time) two more papers.
As age catches up, memorising and exams are an indication of your brain cells dying a slow and agonising death.
Nothing much happening. I had Bonnie sent to the vet again, in which I tried to upload pics but couldn't quite get it up. I will try again.
----------------
And I just got back from Penang. It was a casual trip up. To meet up colleagues from Penang. Get to know them and to go sight seeing around the island.
I stayed in a condo where it was the top floor (27th floor) and it faces the sea and behind is a hill. It rained non stop on Friday (when I arrived) and the whole of Saturday. Traffic was a killer and many roads were flooded.
We had several things to do - a lunch with the boss and some other colleagues and their ex-colleagues, picked up another colleague from Ipoh, decided to cook dinner, went to the supermarket to buy some stuff, cooked and ate spagetthi, watched two movies, and went out to fetch the Ipoh colleague after a wedding dinner.
*wipes brow*
Not much done huh?
By the time we went back to the condo at 1:30am, we were hungry. So we heated up some roti canai in the freezer and ate that for supper before we went to bed.
Slept till 10:30am on Sunday morning, with us waking up to the smell of apple cinnamon pancakes. Yummy.... Had freshly brewed coffee and pancakes with honey and butter. American breakfast. Apparently the pancake mix was bought from States itself. :) So it was very American. The coffee was from New Zealand though. (huh?)
Another lunch outside at 2pm (breakfast was still in the tummy) with a few others and one of them brought her 3 sons. We ate at a hawker called New World Park.
Char Kuey Teow
Yam Kuih
Prawn-Floor-Rojak-Thing
Asam Laksa
Kuey teow Soup
Chee Cheong Fun
Oyster Omelette
Ice Kacang
Chicken Chop
I didn't eat ALL of those. But SOME of at least 5 out of whatever was on the table!
The weather on Sunday was great. No sun. No rain. Cooling. Just perfect.
Took a drive to bukit ferringhi. Took a ride to town. Took a ride to where all the banks are.
Took a slow leisurely drive to the airport in the evening to catch a 'POSTPONED' airasia flight back. So dinner was a rushed Kenny Rogers with lots of remarks on their very bad service. I boarded the plane JUST IN TIME at 9:30pm when the plane took off at exactly 9:45pm. I think I was the LAST person to get on. *phew*
Back home and the furniture in my room has CHANGED - again. The PC is now on another table and Dad has his cupboard in my room and the position of everything is all different and my TV is on a place without a plug point. Duh... Only my bed(s) are in the exact same position.
-------------------
While in Penang, JB was full of activity.... I will continue this tomorrow, when I'm not half asleep... It's already 2am... I have work on Monday.
-------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment