10 September 2008

A few random THOUGHTS



Last weekend, I was in Penang and while there, got a few smses about two deaths, one of a 100 year old lady and another 91 year old man.

Mdm Wong Moo Meng is a beacon of light to all around her. I can imagine how excited she is to be seeing God face to face! :)


This is the link to a video that Daniel posted in FB.


Mdm Wong's 99th Birthday Clip


**********************************************

From Lyn's Blog

I've always wondered.
Why was the movie Titanic so successful in the box office?
How did it become successful and remembered?
What placed it down in film history books?

Is it just the romance?
Or did it give a semblance of hope in times of financial crisis?
Is it just filmography and music?
Or is there more between social reality and imagination?

Can anyone answer?



Movies that capture people's hearts and minds and those that are blockbusters or all-time favourites - it's always movies that tug at the hearts of people. The emotions of love (Titanic), hate (Braveheart), victory (Gladiator), and joy (Patch Adams).

Not everyone connects to feelings of 'financial crisis' since many of us today do not know how THAT feels like. The movie could be filmed in ONLY a simple setting, but yet still be a GOOD film, e.g. Message in a Bottle.

Art films hardly have any music or dialogue. Unless you are really a person who understand camera angles and lighting and such, you would find silent (except for a one liner) art films a bore. I do...

The movie could only be made up of music and it could still be a good film. For me, music brings out emotions.

Which brings us one full circle back to the point that a film or movie is good, when it evokes the basic human emotions of love, joy, hate, peace.

**********************************************

There are many opportunities being put my way.

I thank God for all that He has provided me with. Once when my pockets were empty, you would think I would depend on God more. But that did not happen and instead, I tried harder and harder to fill my pockets.

Now that I don't think as much about money and wealth and success, so many opportunities are presenting itself to me.

I don't like.

Makes mind confused.

Making choices = dilemma


**********************************************

This is a collection of pictures of a bear called

WILSON



He is now at least 5 years old and he used to be a stiff and gloomy bear. Now, with so much tender loving care , he is thriving and well in PJ.

Potato Chip Thief

He got ROSES...



















Afternoon NAP or BRUTAL murder???

He's supposed to be BROWN in colour.





















I don't understand why HE has to wear a ribbon and skirt and be called WILSON...









No comments: