07 July 2008

The Korean Dramas

Am I still watching the dramas?

Yes.

Why are you still watching when the storyline is almost the same for most of the shows? It's so silly yet so predictable.

Well, I think I kinda like to watch because I want to know how the culture is like. Someone else's culture and traditions are always more exciting than our own.

The language, which i will never be able to pick up just by watching, is also rather nice to hear.

Sometimes, it's also to see how a story will turn out. Whether it's the usual, or will there be a twist.

Sometimes, it's just to get myself all emotional and teary-eyed and girly.

I have a list of the drama's i'm watching.

At the moment, I've just started on Auction House. It's been entertaining and I'm now on episode 3.

I just watched Who Am I. I think it's quite an interesting concept. I wouldn't say that nobody has done that before, but the twists and turns make it good fun to watch.

As for the language, I think i got the gist of how to refer to others, like how we lump 'aunty' and 'uncle' for everyone older than us.

They have different name-callings for elders, for girls calling older guys, for guys calling older guys, for girls calling older girls, and many many more.

Then you pick up words like 'who', 'what', 'why', 'eat', 'delicious'... thanks to accurate subtitles.

Hence, I would still be looking forward to making a trip to korea. anybody wants to sponsor me?

I want to go places. take a bus, take a train, take a walk. to all the towns, and seaside and hills and just go...

Getting old. not so adventurous anymore. :P

Maybe I should put up an offer on Ebay, like the guy in Australia who auctioned his life away...

I wonder what happened to him?

No comments: