How much am I worth?
How do you measure what you're worth?
God has given me a set of skills that only about 0.001% of the population in Johor possesses.
It also reminds me of how I should be using these skills for a higher cause.
I have been fiercely reminded during the past weekend that I am a worthy child of God and that there is more for me to do than just on Sundays.
After being sucked and pummeled in the world, it has broken down dreams and built up wisdom. Nothing that has happened was bad. All was for a purpose. I thank God for the lessons - hard as it may be.
-----------------
Clowning is a profession. I take pride in what I do. I take pride in my costume and in my makeup. I take pride in my red nose and in how I portray myself to the children. I take pride in how I talk to the children and make them see that they are noticed and loved and capable of so many things.
I may not have the full set of skills, but I know that I have the heart and passion for it. With this passion, I seek to make myself look good and make others feel good.
There is nothing great or fancy or fantastic about being a clown.
In fact, it is the most humbling of professions and I truly believe a good clown can never be full of himself or herself.
Clowns put themselves in a servant position where the ultimate goal is to make others happy on the clown's expense.
However, it is not totally GIVE only... Clowns TAKE when people's responses are in the form of smiles and laughter.
Do not underestimate the power of joy. Joy one of the most talked about emotion in the Bible - first being love.
--------------------
Dear God,
Teach me to use these skills you have given to me and to put Your joy and happiness into the hearts of people (old and young) that it might overflow and spread around to others around them.
Teach me to be humble and to lower myself even more when situations prove otherwise.
Fill me with more of Your love and joy, so that my cup overflows and let this joy and love fill the cups of those around me.
As the creator of all animals and plants and the whole universe, grant me creativity to portray that love and joy in ways that touch their hearts directly.
Thank you for those who has taught me such wonderful skills.
May Your kingdom be filled with clowns and Your glory shine through their red noses.
Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment