Christmas is 4 days away.
What do we talk about during christmas?
1. Gift buying that has seemed to fade away as we grow older.
2. Decorations in public that has dwindled since the budget and need for them has been slashed.
3. Preparations in church for the multitude of programmes and how everyone has put in so much effort to make it a success.
4. The birth of a Saviour - Jesus Christ.
5. A public holiday.
6. A reason for a family gathering.
----------------
This Christmas is like a revelation of self. So many people with so many reasons to celebrate a single day of the year. What revelation?
I see people who don't say or do much, lifting helping hands with the numerous amounts of food served during the many occassions of makan session. (i've put on quite abit of weight)
I see ideas thrown in by people with gusto and enthusiasm. A community of love and tolerance.
----------------
The christmas dinner on 25th itself. Held at Grand Straits Garden Seafood Restaurant at 7pm. With a theme of "Twinkle Twinkle Christmas Star", with dress code of shiny, glitery clothings, which put smiles on the elderly folks. Programme of blessed draws, drama, carollers, games and a 9-course chinese dinner.
Tickets are all SOLD OUT!! It's amazing how fast it all went.
I'll be the emcee again this year. But it's gonna be a challenge for me with the different venue. Larger and bigger stage. Coordination of the programme. Keeping to the time.
-----------------
I have not even bought any christmas presents yet. When you do not have much in your bank account, you don't think so far.
Seen my wishlist yet?
-----------------
I have 3 clown appearances this weekend. One on Saturday. Two on Sunday. One of it in Singapore and to rush back to go for a birthday party in Taman U. I ask only for stamina to complete this weekend.
Monday will be a family gathering. Tuesday is Christmas day, with a morning service and visits to relatives whom we see once or twice a year.
Wednesday is work again.
then a new year is beginning.
I'm just blogging stuff you already know. But I have not been writing for such a long time, I realise, my brain in stuck. Frozen with all the rain and cold nights. (i need a new blanket).
----------------
Merry Christmas to you in advance.
Christ came and changed the world. To give meaning to the words HOPE and LOVE.
Emmanuel - God with us.
----------------
I cannot imagine how dinosaurs existed. Created by God. That time on this earth goes back millions of years. THIS thought blows my mind away.
No comments:
Post a Comment