09 April 2007

a long long time ago...

My Earliest Memories...

1. My dad telling us stories at the playground outside Gua Po's house in Tampoi, telling us stories about the moon and the dark portions in the moon where there is a rabbit shape... asking us to look hard. (I did stare as hard as I could. Maybe that accounts for the specs I wear now.)

2. Eating fried eggs at Aunty Lucy's place for lunch, cooked by Gua Po, because nobody at home. I loved the eggs.

3. Ko ko chewing some form of grass from the roadside, and spewing it out to put over my knee. I rode a kick scooter thing, rode around a corner and fell. Grazed and tore my knee on the tar road badly. Ko ko came to the rescue and spat grass on my knee. I was very touched.

4. My escapade to the library in town at the age of 8 - on my own. Took the bus down to town. Without the knowledge of my grandma, who was sleeping. Went out teh back door, took the bus, returned and borrowed books, took bus back. Some aunty asked me how old i was and why I'm alone on the bus. Scared me...

5. My first witness of a person drowning at RJCC. Foaming at the mouth. Eyeballs turned up. **shivers**

------------

That's a few of the many... But they left lasting impressions in my life.

Memories are good. Often, we become used to remembering the bad memories. It takes a lot of effort to remember the ones that made you laugh.

Emotional impact of sadness and pain is far greater than happiness and joy?

------------














































A few more faces of Charlotte...

from top left:
YOU; SEE;
ME; BLEH;

No comments: