A glimpse of my days in hospital.
Day 1:
Got admitted in the morning. They gave me a sleepy medicine that made me feel like I was floating... WHeeeeee......
Went for MRI. Hang on, let me find out what that means in full...
MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING.
A more detailed X Ray. Not many people use X rays now. Old fashioned...
Cause it was Sunday, many people came in GROUPS. First group from 1st service... The older folks and Chinese speaking people. Second group was from 2nd service and mainly the church leaders. (I was all blur from medication). Third group was in the evening where after evening service... the two mad guitarists and their wives.
Got stuck with a needle 2 inches long...

That's where they stuck in my medicine and stuff. After 2 days, you don't realise it's there until you bump your hand onto something (OUCH).
When you realise that you don't 'feel' it there anymore, it scares... cos then, you're used to it and I DON'T WANNA GET USED TO IT!!
I don't like needles...
Got diagnosed with a protrusion of my disc at my lumbar spine (ie, lower back).
Day 2:
Got sent for physiotheraphy. Did me some good. THe pain wasn't that bad anymore. The nfirst night was a blur, because they put me on sleepy medication which made me sleep like a pig.
Got up and doctor said I will go for traction... Basically, it's pulling me apart!! (PUN intended)
Traction is where they strap me to a bed with rollers and pull me from chest and hip in opposite directions. It's not as horrible as it sounds.
The nurses also went and put a hot pack on my back. SEARING HOT! that thing could have made half boil eggs! (I should have brought my breakfast and heat up)
Went to sleep again in afternoon, then another round of physio...
Sleep again. People came to see me. then I didn;t take the painkiller and didn't sleep till very late.
Hospitals are not exactly the nicest place to stay awake at night...
Day 3:
I have been looking at this scene for 3 days:

I was near the door, so felt like being in the zoo. Everybody popping their head in. I had one guy come ask me today, "Are you the one who got into a car accident?"
DO I LOOK LIKE I WAS IN A CAR ACCIDENT??
Anyway, the doctor came in and told me i could be discharged. Happiest moment of my three days...
So after another round of physio, I went home...
Thank God insurance covered my bill. VERY EX!!! Thanks to Pru... Seriously... I have policy with Pru Malaysia... Hahahahaha...
The irony of it all... :)
------
So now I'm home, blogging while lying in bed. Not good for posture...
I will Try to finish the script. Got one week off, when it's most crucial for me to be there... **sigh**
Anyway... GOd must want me to BE STILL... AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD!!!
I shall be still and be a good girl...
Love ya all for your calls and visits and love...
Charlotte... the lame clown (pun still intended)
No comments:
Post a Comment