27 September 2006

What He want... What we want...

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
-Matt 6:33-NKJV-







---------





Read whole chapter of Matthew 6

























All of the ways of seeking God's kingdom comes in the verses before Matt 6:33. From chapter 5, where Jesus spoke on the hill - Sermon on the Mount. Small mount of big mount, I think it's a wonder how Jesus' voice carried far enough for all to hear. No microphones or huge speakers. He must have had a strong powerful voice. Nobody needed to learn 'voice projection' then...

He gave us many many pointers that would last a lifetime (here on earth) to remember and complete.

1. The beatitudes (Matt 5:1-12)
2. Being the salt and light (Matt 5:13-16)
3. Reminder of the ten commandments (Matt 5:17-37)
4. Love your neighbour (Matt 5:38-48)
5. Do not be a hypocrite (show off) (Matt 6:1-18)
6. Hoarding treasures - in heaven (Matt 6:19-21)
7. To see what is pure and good, and not be double-minded (Matt 6:22-23)
8. God or Money? (Matt 6:24)
9. Do not worry since God is in control. (Matt 6:25-34)


He gives us all the things we are to do in the Beatitudes and to be the salt and light. I believe he asked them to be good examples as per the Beatitudes.


It's like a checklist on my life:

++ Am I the salt and light in all I do? Reflecting God's goodness?
++ Have I forgiveness and forgiven?
++ Am I giving my other cheek to the one who slapped my on one cheek?
++ Do I show off when I pray, when I fast, when I do good?
++ Is the world more attractive than God?
++ Do I worry about things that are out of my hands but in God's mighty governance?


-----------

I only worry about whether I am doing things that God wants me to do. I don't want to be running in circles without reaching the final goal that God wants me to complete.

I seek God's word and promises to give me confidence and assurance. Sometimes, I seem to try too hard. Sometimes, I don't seem to be doing enough.


The following from 'GOD'S WORD' translation:

Philippians 4:4-9

Always be joyful in the Lord! I'll say it again: Be joyful! Let everyone know how considerate you are. The Lord is near. Never worry about anything. But in every situation let God know what you need in prayers and requests while giving thanks. Then God's peace, which goes beyond anything we can imagine, will guard your thoughts and emotions through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, keep your thoughts on whatever is right or deserves praise: things that are true, honorable, fair, pure, acceptable, or commendable. Practice what you've learned and received from me, what you heard and saw me do. Then the God who gives this peace will be with you.


-------------

No comments: