26 July 2006

My Journey Home

As we walk down life's path, we sometimes lose track of where we are and where we are going. Things along the path seems distracting and interesting. Sometimes, it looks better than our destination.

We cannot deny that all of us are looking for a purpose in life. Why is Rick Warren's
Purpose Driven Life a secular best seller? Why are people looking for the meaning OF life so as to find the purpose for their existence?

Why must we find that meaning, the reason why we live? How are we created such that we seek such reason and meaning in life?

Rick Warren starts off with a chapter called "WHAT ON EARTH AM I HERE FOR?".

His first line puts you in your place - "It's not about you."

Our mindset, our society has always taught us how to prove our worth - how to show your success and how to achieve our goals.

Please understand this:

PURPOSE:
"That which a person sets before himself as an object to be reached or accomplished; the end or aim to which the view is directed in any plan, measure, or exertion; view; aim; design; intention; plan."

Purpose is a goal, a mission, a reason, a logic, a direction.

Who provides or determines this PURPOSE for you?

If you came into this world and think that you determine your own fate, think again...




If you determined your own fate, then why were you conceived and born?

Ah... we went one whole round around the mulberry bush...



God loves you.

Believe it or not... It's the TRUTH. So whether you belive that God loves you or not is immaterial because it is a fact. How do you or I know that is a fact?

By our mere existence. Here and now.

Are you thinking to yourself, "Well, I'm not feeling loved nor do I feel that I should be here." or "I'm suffering now, so how loving can this God be to put me in this situation?"

The only thing I can tell you is this:


"Everything has been created through him and for him. " Colossians 1:16b (NLT)
and
"I am the Lord, and I made you. I am the One who made you to be what you are." Isaiah 44:2a (ERV)
and
""For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16

Look at the three verses above and you will see 2 points:

1. God loves you; and
2. God made you.

What are you still pondering about? What is your purpose NOW?

Ready to make your journey home?


*************************************



J O U R N E Y
Written by Corrinne May Ying Foo
Copyright 1999, Corrmay Gourmet Music (ASCAP)

It's a long, long journey
Till I know where I'm supposed to be
It's a long, long journey
and I don't know if I can believe
When shadows fall and block my eyes
I am lost and know that I must hide
It's a long, long journey
Till I find my way home to you

Many days I've spent
Drifting on through empty shores
Wondering what's my purpose
Wondering how to make me strong
I know I will falter I know I will cry
I know you'll be standing by my side
It's a long, long journey
And I need to be close to you

Sometimes it seems no one understands
I don't even know why
I do the things I do
When pride builds me up till I can't see my soul
Will you break down these walls and pull me through?

'Cause it's a long, long journey
Till I feel that I am worth the price
You paid for me on calvary
Beneath those stormy skies
When Satan mocks and friends turn to foes
It feels like everything is out to make me lose control
It's a long, long journey
Till I find my way home to you







No comments: