22 March 2006

As far as it gets

With a moment in the time of your life when you ask the question that everyone ask themselves eventually: “what have I done with my life so far?”

Let me make myself feel good and list down 5 things I have been proud of doing:

1. Learnt how to clown around
2. I cook pretty well
3. I play the guitar good enough to impress others
4. I earn my own money and live comfortably enough
5. I’ve been to quite a few countries for holiday. Not very far, but far enough.

I don’t know why the 5th point came about.

I’ve met up with my ex-colleagues a few times so far. They miss me… Awww…


-----------
Let me tell you some of the things I have in my room here:

1. TV and PS2 (doubled up as my DVD player)
2. A single bed with two mattresses, the top one hard as rock
3. A little plushie kangaroo with a joey in her pocket from Perth
4. Wardrobe full of clothes and effectively only 50% is worn regularly
5. A small shelf with some books and toiletries
6. Another red shelf from Ikea whose drawers keep my electrical stuff and pharmaceutical leftovers. On top is a small table fan that keeps me cool now my aircon is out of service for the past 3 months.
7. A corner of boxes from my previous office
8. Attached toilet with shower that falls from the sky….

Sounds like a lot? But I have only space to put another single mattress and nobody can walk through anymore, except to the wardrobe. (little sis should know what I’m talking about)

----------

I will be 28 in a few days and the number I just wrote scares me. ***shudders***

----------

Also, I will be going for a trip to an island next month. Tenth year anniversary for 184 day!

If you remember that I once studied in Taylor’s College? I stayed at the ‘hostel’ (which is a private apartment just across the road). Our apartment number was 184. I can’t remember what the block number was though… anyone remembers?

Therefore, 10 years since we first met each other in that fated apartment and stayed as good friends since… It’s amazing. I don’t even have friends as good as that from secondary school!

I thank God for good friends…

No comments: