i have shoes. who doesn't.
i have two pairs of black working shoes i wear to work. one is a black boot-type shoe i bought in perth recently and the other is a pair of black suede Kickers shoe i bought 3 years ago and is wearing thin because i wear it almost everyday.
i've been to a shoe shop and the lady there asks me what i want. When i told her i was looking for something like what i'm wearing now, she asks me, "Where did you buy those from?"
**pause**
**letting the punchline sink in**
---------------
there are too many shoes in the market. we have sports shoes, which are further sold as aerobic shoes, tennis shoes, badminton shoes, basketball shoes and shopping shoes.
If you look at those shoes, the main difference is in the way the bottom of the shoe is made. badminton shoes have rubber soles and the most popular basketball shoes are the Nike Air - to fly you into the air. (as if the shoes has a turbo booster)
the shoe company spends millions and millions in R&D. we have scientists and experts trying to look into the soles of your shoes and making sure that the soles fit your lifestyle....
and all along, I thought that was the job of a church pastor.
-----------------
my mum used to always tell me to call aunty or uncle when i was young. everyone was either aunty or uncle, as long as they're around my mother's age and expecially when they have kids.
in the chinese culture, it's a form of respect. in the western cutlure, call anyone 'aunty' or 'uncle' and you'd get a stare and frown and:
"Who's that, Honey? I didn't know you had Oriental blood!"
(they hardly call us chinese. we're all oriental)
I thought Oriental was an emporium that closed down many years ago.
However, this culture has rubbed off on us so badly that all of us refer to the cab drivers as "Uncle, please go to Woodlands", "Uncle, can you drive me to orchard Road".
This happens even if the guy looks like a small boy. I would hate it if anyone calls me Aunty.
I have a name. I'd rather they call me by name. Unless my name is Aunty. That's sad.
When was the first time that 10 persons called you 'aunty' or 'uncle' in one day?
remember that fateful day.
That's the day when you became the "OLDER GENERATION".
Congratulations!
**********************
2 comments:
Yeah I remember. The hairdresser called me Aunty when I was in my mid 20s. Never went there again!
Anyone good in debt recovery? Ever heard of kids who advertise for Adidas and don't get paid?
Ah... then u'd have to acceot the free publicity since it's done out of free will.
u might be able to persuade him to create a fan club n obtain recognition by adidas, n have the slightest possibility that adidas might appreciate n give him free stuff for the rest of his life!
Post a Comment