A successful event with everything that a dinner and party needs.
And here is a pic of me:

I look lovely huh? I did my own makeup and hair.
I had a 2 inch platform slipper. And the scar to prove it.

We had a performance. Called the Lai Lai Club. Scriptwriter? Yours truly.
It goes like this:
Storyline:
A nightclub hostess starts her day as usual and a rich man walks in and falls in love with the hostess.
He asks her to marry him and she refuses. Her old flame, a westernized man, walks in to asks for her hand as well.
Hence, she doesn’t choose any of the men but someone from the audience to run away with.
---------
The scene starts with 5 girls dancing to start off the show.
(Chinese + English medley of songs)
Mamasan walks in.
MMS: Hello girls, are you ready to start the night? I heard that there will be a very rich man coming tonight.
Girl: But mami… Would he have enough for us?
MMS: Darlings… Money is never enough.
(Song: Money, Money Money – ABBA)
Rich man walks in with two bodyguards.
(Shang Hai Tan)
All the girls and Mami swoon over him. One of the bodyguards try to grab one of the girls, but get pushed down.
Rich: (laughs loudly) Mami, bring me your prettiest girls!!!
Girls stand in line and he criticizes each of them.
Rich: Is that all?
MMS: No, no. I have one more. But she’s very difficult to handle. Yan-er!
The other girls walk out.
Last girl walks in. He is overwhelmed by her beauty. He asks his bodyguard for flowers and ring. He kneels down and asks her to marry him.
YanEr pushes him away.
(Indian Song)
The westernized guy walks in. (I love rock and roll)
Roy: (speaks to audience) I’m Bruce. Bruce Lee. I’ve come back from England to marry my first love. I brought you roses and a ring. Will you marry me? (kneels down)
Rich: Woi! I came first!
Ang: Who are you? Who is this “chee Kor” looking guy?
They start to pull Yan Er. Yan Er pushes them away.
(They start to fight.)
(The fight song)
Yan Er and Mami stops them from fighting and both of them say together:
“Who do you want? Him or me?”
Girl says she doesn’t want either of them and looks to the audience:
Girl: I want HIM…. (points to someone from the audience)
She goes to the guy and sings song – Wo yao ni de ai
The End.

Me and my dancing girls, and the mama-san with the fan.
---------------------
I edited songs to form a medley.
The songs I used:
1. Twist & Shout
2. Choo choo ch'boogie
3. Qiao Qiao men ni zai bu zai
4. money money money
5. shang hai tan
6. sweat
7. erotica
8. some indian song
9. i love rock and roll
10. the good the bad the ugly theme song
11. hot stuff
12. stayin alive
13. wo yao ni de ai
wow... so many songs.
--------------------
Till next year....
No comments:
Post a Comment