08 September 2005

Food for thought:

Charlotte's Special Fried Rice

Ingredients
  1. Cooked white rice, one bowl
  2. 3 long beans, diced
  3. handful of frozen mixed vegetables
  4. 2 bacon, small pieces
  5. 1/2 large onion, chopped finely
  6. 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
  7. 1 egg
  8. 1/4 teaspoon salt
  9. 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
  10. a dash of pepper
  11. 1/2 teaspoon sambal

Instructions:

Fry bacon till brown.

Fry garlic and onions till fragrant.

Add in sambal and push aside.

Break in egg, scramble till cooked.

Add in mixed vege and long beans.

Fry and mix all till long bean looks cooked.

Add in white rice. Add in salt and fish sauce and pepper.

Mix till evenly spread.

Serve.

-------------

Seriously, fried rice is good for getting rid of leftovers.

----------

CAPTAIN CAVEMAN

I miss his silly shows. Used to like how he shouts "CAP-TAIN CAVE-MAaa~~AN!!" Always the hero.

--------------

Cartoons used to be about morality and courtesy and manners. Cartoons today treat adults and children as the same. No story to tell, no conclusion to follow.

Electric Company... 3-2-1 Contact... Sesame Street...

I learnt how to spell and count with sesame street. I knew about Spiderman from Electric Company. I learnt the word 'cooperation' from Big Bird. I remembered the silly Care Bears who shine light from their tummies.

Family values from The Jetsons and Flintstones and The Chipmunks.

Friendship from Care Bears and Gummy Bears and Smurfs.

I think I'm getting old.

-------------------

What were the cartoons YOU remember?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ehrr...VEGIE TALES!

Net said...

ur sis here.
i remember the simpsons, spongebob squarepants (which is quite recent, but well, i have stopped watching cartoons nowadays), spiderman, batman, the whole justice league sorta thingy from Marvel Comics, veggie tales...

sesame street...sweet fond memories of it. remember how kong2 used to buy the VCRs for me and jeremy to watch and the two of us just sit right in front of the tv and stare at big bird. I love Elmo and funnily enough, cookie monster and the grouch.

I remember, the what, about unicorns one and the girl called meghan. that one is about friendship and compassion.

OH OH OH!!! AND DISNEY!!! Mickey mouse and co. OH!!! AND WARNER BROS. bugs bunny, road runner and coyote, tweety bird...
kinda sad disney and warner bros not producing much interesting kiddy shows now. like movies of tarzan, cinderella, sleeping beauty, little mermaid, sorta thing. don't ya think?

c | O w N o said...

OH OH OH!!!! You never wrote about your Tom & Jerry that you watched at least 50 times each. (50 is a very CONSERVATIVE number).

I have Thundercats, He-Man, PoPPles, pound Puppies, Animaniacs, the list goes on.

Goes to show how much TV i used to watch huh?

Net said...

*sniffs* *snorts*

I remember Asterix and Obelix. though that was comics.
Ah...tom and jerry...oh well...

i still remember how i watched the lindsay lohan movie The Parents Trap more than a 100 times...lolx...

c | O w N o said...

i think u'd still squirm and squeal and giggle if you watch Parents Trap, and they come to the scene where they were set up by the twins. **sigh**