--------------------
Your voice was clear and cut to my marrow. You revealed things about me I didn't want to hear.
My compassion, or lack of it, was laid bare before You. You had given me so much. I had given others so little.
My life, seemingly so full and so abundant, was revealed by You to be the worst form of poverty. I had been bankrupt in my soul.
My eyes, my mind, had been shut to Your warnings. You showed me Your power and Your kind discipline. But I had continued to dance away from You in my delusion.
I cowered, feeling the weight of my lack of love for You, and for others.
I crumbled beneath Your holiness. My heart pounded with fear. But then, You spoke. Your words, so gracious, so compassionate, let me know that You're not through with me yet:
"Seek the Lord and live". (Amos 5:6)
---------------------Taken from 'Our Daily Journal'.By Tom Felten--------------------
The holiness of God creates a fear in all of us to be holy. Something in us triggers an alarm when we're not worthy of God's presence.
It's an extremely high standard to follow. A benchmark that is near impossible to reach. A benchmark that so many people have and are trying to attain.
The fear of not being good enough - Not only towards God, but towards man. Towards your parents. Towards your spouse. Towards your kids.
The expectation you place on yourself.
The need for acceptance and approval from others.
The hope for a pat on your back.
Failing to receive any of the above, we become disappointed. We get rejected.
God does not push you away. Place your expectations and hope in God. He will never be disappointed in you. To Him, you're always and forever His child.
-------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment