08 December 2004

Faster! Faster!

I wanted to write a story. But then I didn't have any ideas going through my brain. So I thought I'd compare several Christmas stories and comment on them.

---------------------
The Little Match Girl.

I never understood what the story was about when I was younger. The girl sits at the side of the road. Takes a match and light it up for a little bit of hallucination and to see things that don't exist. Why is the story so sad? I don't quite recall the ending, but I don't like that story very much. Just to show that there are poor people in the streets? If it's a story meant for kids, I don't see how the little match girl can teach the kid.

--------------------

I can't seem to think of any other stories?

Scrooge. The Cristmas Carol.

Ghost story. Woooo......

An interesting story. Never read the book. I like Disney's rendition of the story though. Ghost of past, present and future.

The stories all remind of doing good. Being good.

-------------------

Everyone. I mean, everyone wants to be treated nicely, politely. It's an inborn reflex.

No one wants to be shouted at. Nobody likes to get a curt remark thrown at them. Most people get defensive when a sarcastic word is said about them.

Even in the English language, there are negative words to describe such unwanted conversations.

You might say that - well, maybe he/she grew up in such an environment where everyone is shouting and that is the norm? I can firmly say that such an environment never habours good feelings.

We were made in such a way where we learn how to lie and fuss without being taught. We were made in such a way where we seek spiritualism in one way or another. We were made in such a way where we prefer love and kindness and politeness rather than hate and bitterness and betrayal.

What does all that mean?

Like the story of The Christmas Carol, we should treat people the way we want others to treat us. Easily said, isn't it?

Think carefully - what is the impact of treating someone nicer?

As the anger in you wants to flare up and punch the person who bad-mouthed you. As the hatred swells up like a balloon, ready to burst in the person's face. There is nothing good that will come of it.

Yes, you might say that at least you have your dignity to stand up and fight your way through. But at the end of the day, who is going to appreciate the bruise on your cheek? Who will understand the hurt in your heart?

(Maybe that's why I'm mediocre in so many things I do...) ***enlightened***

To me, being meek is not a sign of defeat, nor surrender. It's favouring peace and gentleness and humility.

Does being agressive equals to being victorious?

---------------------



No comments: