19 November 2004

Grandpa's Birthday

I'm forever amazed at how such pure joy can flow through each of us as a family unit.





It's kong kong's 86th birthday (if you go according to the year he was born). But if not, he's already 87.

---------------------------

Left behind (no... it's not rapture)

We were all rushing off, trying to get out of the house to MeiSan as soon as possible since it was already 7:30pm.

We allocated ourselves between the three cars and i was driving one, obviously, and was all started up and was going to reverse, when the locked door that Uti dutifully locked.... opened!

Lo and behold!!! It was our beloved popo, shouting - "WAH PEH EH...."




We apparently didn't realise that she was still in the house, and proceeded to lock her in! I think our laughter at that incident rocked the whole street! God bless Jalan Maju.... Hah....

Uncle Keng Yong is back... Mabel is back... We invited Pst Chris and family to the little celebration. Daniel and Trix were there too.

I had a good time with Mabel. I don't understand where the wit and corniness and lameness come from. but it is always, i repeat, ALWAYS, uplifting to my spirits to talk to mabel.

(Okay, Mabel, you can stop floating and come down now... )

Oh, by the way, the pictures are all at my Yahoo! photos. It's easier to upload.

Richard gave us a heart-warming speech. Yeah... I dont quite know what came over him, but he thanked a few of us for helping him out since he went to Poly.

He's alright. He thanked me too. Hah!




The night was hilarious!

1. Pastor's two boys were extremely entertained by Mabel and I. They never stopped laughing.
2. Mum laughed till she cried.
3. We made the granny and grandpa wear funny hats.
4. When asked what Popo liked about Kongkong, she said "his honesty". When asked what he liked about Popo, he said "her scoldings"!!!!

----------------------------

There are so many things to tell of the evening that we had.

Kong Kong is very happy that everyone is around. So am I.

I saw the waitresses from MeiSan standing at the door, laughing at the antics taht we make the old folks do.

Abuse to the Elderly - Elderly Abuse

I think we should be shot!

-------------------------



Romeo... oh romeo...




Till next time.... I love you guys!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, when asked 'how long they have been married' Po Po, always the spokewoman, said: '60 years!'. Ohh.. I have been married just 20 years, how.. to get to 60 years? The 60 years for them were thick & thin, rich and poor. These were 60 years of pure faith, hope, trust. Granpa set forth for the shores of SEA at the age of 18. Coffee shops did not pay as well as being a bricklayer then. He went on to acquire a 1st class boilerman licence despite his 'English'. He was only ready to retire at age 65. Relatives must recall his bravery during the war in sheltering and negotiating their freedom from the Japanese. He survived a train ambush and an estate quarters fire as a civilian. Even as a peniless technician, he would sell a storage battery for 200 dollars to help a nephew. His children were moved to larger towns for a better education. And as for Po Po, I really admire the years of raising us alone when Grandpa had to work far away for months. I still remember the wonderful and most educational trains rides had with her when visiting my outstation Dad. Up to my teens she continued to kindle my interest in current affairs. Whenever I feel like giving up my work, she would say 'someone else would long to do your work'. I thank God for my parents!