26 October 2004

Pig's Head

I have to tell you this:

Pastor Alex gave us a little story about why he looked so sleepy.

He was invited to go for teh tarik after church service at night. Then he left at 12 am. BUT, he was invited by another family, who has left church, but wanted to go back, to their house for supper.

The supper was a WHOLE pig's head boiled into a soup. They had a gala time eating the flesh and the ears and the nose and the tongue and what have you on the head.

BUT the best of it was the BRAIN! **Eeeewwww** I know....

And chatted with the family till 3am.

He told us that if any of us were to cook something like that, PLEASE invite him....

----------------

Hmmmmmm..... I've seen a whole head at the market before. It does not look appealing to have a pig's head, eyes closed, tongue hanging out, ears flopping - in my soup....

----------------

Kuey teow kia is fine... I still love my kuey teow kia.
---------------

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been menopausal the whole week.. until I read your bloggg! I really hope your archives will get into a book. Publishers ought to fall over themselves to get your articles to the print!

c | O w N o said...

menopausal... heat flushes... mood swings... I make some pig head soup for you. It'll be bak kut teh style. Except it will be called 'ter tau teh'... 'pig head teh'

Anonymous said...

your uncle KY shall be back between Nov 16 - 27th. Do you think he will fancy 'ter tau teh?! One of yr first cousin's drooling about Hokkien Mee at the moment.