19 October 2004

Interesting NOTE-ings

I saw this somewhere. It might give you an insight to buyng fresher bread!!

When you go to buy bread in the grocery store, have you ever wondered which is the freshest, so you "squeeze" for freshness or softness. Did you know that bread is delivered fresh to the stores five days a week? Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Each day has a different color twist tie. They are: Monday - Blue Tuesday - Green Thursday - Red Friday - White Saturday - Yellow

So if today is Thursday, you would want red twist tie not white which Is Fridays (almost a week old)! The colors go alphabetically by color Blue - Green - Red White -Yellow, Monday thru Saturday. Very easy to remember.

----------------------------------------------

BREAD - An essential part of our lives ever since we were colonised, made civilised, by the British.

BREAD = ROTI

QUESTION: Anyone knows if Roti is an original Malay word or was it derived from some form of Malay word because of its semblance to bread?

----------------------------------------------

I love bread and butter. Just a plain soft rool and a wad of soft butter. Mmmmm.... Wait... It's HOT bread and butter. That's where the butter melts and gets sucked intot the bread and you bite into it to feel the sinful oil fill your mouth and coat your roof and go down your throat.

:) WOW...

I always have this habit of asking for more bread and butter, if they serve, OR to ask for bread and butter if i see them serve.

I ask for more bread on the plane. Or if I see mum not eating her bread (very rare, Lynette, maybe) I try not to look too greedy and kindly ask for the bread (and butter, if available)

"Are you eating that? No? Can I have it?"

***five minutes later***

"Are you having that? No? Gimme. Gimme... Gimme.... gimme gimme gimme gimme... GIMME GIMME GIMME GIMME d BrrrrrrrrreAD!!!"

"Thank you very much."

Bread with butter
Bread with curry
Bread with jam
Bread with chilli crab
Bread with soup
Bread with kaya
Bread with sambal
Bread with kung bak - fat ones
Bread with ham
Bread with cheese
Bread with chips - yeah, they actually serve THAT!
Bread with olive oil

Tell me, please.... ONE thing we don't eat with bread (or its equivalent)!!

-------------------------------------------
Who was the first person to cleverly took some grain and decided to pound it to smitherins, mix it with water, before baking it on something hot?
-------------------------------------------

No comments: