To be a stand up comedian.
What does it take?
I have a routine.
Ladies and gentleman - only for the guy that held the door for me :) , my name is Charlotte.
Being born in Malaysia, I have had problems with a simple name such as mine. When everyone else is called Wendy, Amy, Jessica and Mei Ling, my dad - who happened to have travelled far and wide - decided to name me CHARLOTTE.
Grandpa and grandma were delighted to have a little addition to the family. I had the cutest face - although I looked kinda malnourished. And maybe a little pale, and thin, and bald - Mum... what happened? Were you on alcohol?
As I was saying, the old folks, kong kong and po po, were delighted with the little addition - till they saw my name.
C-H-A-R-L-O-T-T-E
Kong-kong: Char - Lor - Tee??? Sounds like 'jiak lor tee' (literal translation: eat bread)
They decided to call me Ping Ping instead.
My brother's name is Charles - the old folks call him Boy Boy after realising that his name is synonymous to the Chinese word for 'smelly'.
My dad says he was named after Prince Charles, whom he admired. I'm just so glad he did not decide to call me Diana....
Candle in the Wind...
-----------------------------------------
No comments:
Post a Comment