It is time to reflect and recount all the blessings God has given me in this year of 2008.
--------------
Having had found a new job in JB, with a good pay (for JB standards), good colleagues and good work - it has been an upwards learning curve for me in HDBS.
Work is moderate and although routine, but there are the occasional shocks and excitement to keep me on my toes.
Colleagues are great. Understanding people who would go out of their way to help me out of a tight spot.
---
Service in church after being a PCC member has been a blessing, yet tough. To see the young adults cell grow to what we are today has been nothing short of a miracle.
To be able to have a hand at doing something more in the church. But I must admit that I have not been putting as much effort in church activities as I hope i would.
---
Because I was rather free during the middle of the year, i joined two clubs:
A fitness centre - Clark Hatch
and
Toastmasters Club
---
The gym has been an interesting experience. Although at this moment, I have not been for the last one month - but I have lost a few kgs since I went.
The toastmasters club has also been interesting. Learning how to deliver a prepared speech is proving MORE difficult than thinking on your toes.
---
We had a dog this year too.
Bonnie is all grown up and naughty and irritating. But she's still lovable and fierce and full of energy. I get tired looking at her.
My first dog I ever had...
---
A new maid came too. Mimi is such a blessing and miracle compared to the previous maid. It's been so much better with someone who is fast with her hands and feet, although she tends to forget things sometimes. But it's still such a vast difference from the last maid who was so lazy and sly.
---
NATHAN WESLEY GOH was born on 4 October 2008 at 4:40pm and this aunty was standing outside the delivery room door hearing my big brother shouting encouraging 'PUSH! PUSH!'.
I waited and waited until I heard Nathan's first cry. Then i went for my music practice at church!
He is truly loved by God who gives him such sweet dreams (maybe of milk and honey) that he laughs and gurgles in his sleep. How adorable is that?!
---
Grandpa went to a nursing home. As much as we didn't want to do it, I think it is better for his health and well-being.
He is better now. at least his mind is more active and his health has improved.
I pray that God continues to strengthen him.
-----------------
I don't think i wrote all the major things that has happened this year. There should be more. But off my head, those are the things that I have been given this year.
I thank God for all that He has given and NOT given.
Have a good remaining of 2008...
No comments:
Post a Comment