21 May 2008

The Weekend Roadtrip

The 3 alarms all ring and try to get me up before the sun wakes up. Groggily brushes teeth and shower off the sleep.

Last minute checking of things to bring to make sure that I don't need to buy anything else during the trip.

Accommodation itself cost me RM230. Petrol and toll will be another RM250. But, there will be passengers in my car, so the damage will be divided equally.

A very early sms informed me that there is ALREADY a jam at the checkpoint at 6:45am. It's going to be a crazy ride on the highway.

I fetched someone from CS, and got a call from JC that the first car is already at JB checkpoint. So i waited for them and we went for breakfast while waiting for the other 2 cars.

In the end, the last car arrived only at 8:30am. By the time they rested and went to toilet and ate their roti canai and drank their coffee, it was 9am.

OFF WE GO...

The highway was FULL of cars. Sg cars.

It was fun enough to have someone talk to you during the ride, feed you food and give you drinks. Thanks Jill!

By the time we arrived at Melaka, it was 11:30am. We immediately went for lunch at this peranakan shop, which i forgot to get the name, it's up a short flight of stairs into a wooden house structure place.

Yeah, i know that's A LOT of information.

There was chicken curry, chicken tau yiu, vege, rojak, laksa and rice.

I wasn't hungry. I was too tired physically and my stomach did not want to eat. But i still ate. I was on the verge of puking the whole day.

Then it was a home visit to HTL's place, where there was kuih koci, curry puff and bobo chacha waiting for us. we TRIED to eat. Not easy. but i think a few of us did it pretty well.

I only drank a small bowl of bobo chacha. It was good!

So then, the whole gang (16 of us), loaded ourselves back into our cars and headed back out onto the highway.

I didn't drive this time. HTL drove. I slept for a while. I think it was a good thing i did. After the toll, I took back the wheel and we jammed along MRR until we got off to the highway to Gentings.

My poor car sounded so sad trying to climb up the mountain. All of them reached the top and waited for me. I was hoping my car didn't overheat.

Even before 6pm, we stopped at gohtong jaya and ATE again. We only just ate about 4 hours ago...

Now I REALLY felt like puking.

After dinner, we headed to First World Hotel and checked in. Got into our rooms and a few of us headed out to the shopping area. walked about. I was tired out man...

I didn't even have the energy to walk to the other resort, where the casino was. So i left it as that and settled for being in first world centre only.

I ended the day with eating TWO kuih koci (which we bungkus from melaka) and i must say, it was REALLY good. soft and tasty. And a curry puff whose pastry was soft and buttery. I like...

Sleep came easy. But the morning came too soon.

Knocks on door. Ringing of phone. The others trying to get me and reg up. But Reg ended up going for breakfast while I gave the excuse that I needed to drive, so I wanted more sleep.

I got a measly 1 hour more sleep and I woke up to more phone ringing. Breakfast again. So i finally got up, and got out, to find myself at starbucks with a cup of coffee and newspapers to enjoy the foggy morning. Several other joined in while I sat there, so we started chatting and laughing and joking.



We took some pictures and before we knew it, it was 12pm. Time to check out and head to KL.

-----------------

Jalan Imbi Bak Kut Teh - first stop.

The food isn't too bad. But the best is still my darling Becky's Klang Original Recipe!!

We went to Hotel Imperial near Jalan Alor. Everyone headed out with such energy for shopping. It was so hot in the afternoon, I wanted to just melt away.

Nothing much to buy. the crowd was suffocating me. no grand sale.

But, we did make a trip to the pavilion. So, not I can boast of having been to the newest shopping centre in KL, The Pavilion.

Me and Reg, walked into Tiffany's, Chopard and some other uppety shops that I don't even remember the name of. But I do remember one dress being RM1600.

I'd rather go for a holiday.

Shopping and more shopping. I dunno what to say anymore.

Eating and more food. I dunno how to explain it anymore.

Sounds boring huh?

BUT again... it's the people that matters.

And on the last morning... I ran out of the room to buy some stuff. since i didn't get a single thing.

I ended up with a reebok windbreaker for myself, a polo tee for Dad and another polo tee for birthday boy TL.

At least i bought something. But i'm really not sure when i'll be using it with the hot weather now.

Till our next trip...

Remember to bring the walkie talkies.

No comments: