15 February 2008

Chicken Stew - My Home Style

Circle of Love

------

I am looking to buy a good camera. But I don't take pictures like how many people do, clicking away at EVERYTHING they see. I don't have what they call the 'camera eye'.

A good camera costs at least RM2000 or more. I think I'd rather stick with the one i have and go travel or eat with that money...

I have not written any recipes since I don't know when, so maybe I will post a recipe here for today.

------

Chicken Stew - Home Style

2 chicken drumticks
2 chicken wings
(marinade in soya sauce, pepper, sesame oil)

2 large red onion - cut in half
4 cloves garlic - smashed whole
mushrooms of your choice (amount? 1 cup?)
1 carrot - cut into 1 inch cubes
1 potato - cut into 1 inch cubes

Oyster sauce (3 tablespoon)
Black soya sauce (1 teaspoon)
Chili sauce (optional)
Tomato sauce (optional)

Directions:
Use a pot where you can simmer the chicken in.

Heat oil. Fry garlic and onion in oil. Add carrots and potato and mushrooms. Fry for about 3 minutes.
Add in chicken. Add in Oyster sauce and other sauces. Add more soya sauce for taste.

Once Chicken is fully mixed with the sauces, add 1 1/2 cup of water, leave fire high until water boils.

Cover pot and lower heat to minimum. Stir occasionally. Leave to cook for 15-20 min.

Eat while hot!! with rice only!

----------

I used to eat only with white rice. I would add more carrots and mushroom for vege and more gravy for my rice. Loved it!!

I can taste it even while I'm writing this.

It's really easy to make and taste good too. All you have to do is throw EVERYTHING into the pot.

TRY IT!

No comments: