25 February 2008

Election Excitements

it's amazing how the newspapers ignore all other news to cover almost in every page, news and decisions about the election.

It makes it look as if the whole nation stops its outward/macro concern for the world outside.

As a citizen, I've been looking for information as to which candidates are contesting for my district. I finally found it and also found out which party belongs to the 'red bull' logo.

Seriously, I have no idea who the candidates are. I have no idea about tehir background, i have no idea about their professions and I have no idea about their faces too.

It's rather like 'blind faith' to make the choice - based on only the ideology of the particular party, you place the cross on the party involved, not so much on the person representing.

The candidate is more like a name - a pseudo - to book/reserve/'chup' a place within the locality.

I found who will be in my district from General Election List.





Here's some extra information if you're as BLUR as I am about elections, its various parties and flags and logos (this applies only to JB, since I am trying to find out more about who's who). But I don't have the details of the candidates yet.

It's PARTY time!!!!

Democratic Action Party (DAP)


This is the party with Lim Kit Siang at its helm.


Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR)

This was the party started by Anwar's wife.


Malaysian People’s Party (PRM)

This is apparently the oldest Party since the '60s. Seems very quiet.


Barisan Nasional (BN)

Our current and previous Party that has been governing our country.


-----------

I am wondering if we will be having a sane election this year. Or maybe the heat and anger and frustrations have not yet been brought into the picture.

I would never be able to 'represent the people'. I'd be like a dartboard - being shot and poked at all angles. (This is not FB's Superpoke!)

Well, another two weeks of mayhem.

I will only pray and ask God to help us pick the right leader.

------------

No comments: