18 January 2008

For the Sake of Hunger

My stomach is rumbling at 11:55am. Letting me know it's 5 minutes to lunch.

BUT... I lunch at 1pm. Therefore, I am eyeing the banana cake I saw outside on someone's table.

This is the problem with working in an office. You end up eating a whole lot more than when you're on the move.

Food is a universal language. Just like music.


Food is a science. It baffles the mind how taste and smell, when blended together in the right amounts, gives a totally pleasant result.

I love food. I have not cooked in a long time. I used to go to KUALI to get my recipes.

But I had the luxury of time
to experiment and buy the ingredients,
prepare the ingredients,
think of how to substitute ingredients that I can't find with something else,
cook the ingredients and

VuaLah...

we have a delicious plate of fried egg with soya sauce!

No more time for all that.

--------

Various types of food I like:

Chinese
Penang Char Kuey Teow
Bak Kut Teh




Malay
Nasi Lemak
Rendang

Indian
Thosai
Payasam
Fried Bitter Gourd

Others
Steak
Lamb
Kimuchi Nabe






Hmmmm... I love Malaysia. :Þ


---------

1 comment:

daisylexic said...

excusemewhenareyoufreeforlunch?