The Christmas Dinner went extremely well. I was supposed to be there by 5pm. But my dolling up and make-up took me quite a while. I reached only at 5:45pm. Late enough for me to run all over and try to get the reception table, mics and laptop all ready.
Speaking in two languages without another MC is not that difficult. Other MCs do that too. I think I pulled it off quite well, thank you very much.
The programme ran like clockwork. Everyone knew what to do. It was a good thing I had a coordinator running about to make sure the next activity was duly carried out.
I put together my own intro opening song. I should have included the indian version of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star into my intro. I played that after I came in, but the crowd had a good laugh at my own rendition of indian dance.
The game went well. Although our games coordinator almmost forgot to do the most important thing until I told him to. Had a riddle-guessing game. I didn't know getting a big crowd to guess riddles could be so much fun.
The drama was ok. They all did their best. The mics weren't the most ideal. Couldn't hear because our sound guy couldn't get it all louder without the speakers humming and buzzing. I don't think most of them could understand what was going on.
But the message pastor gave was clear enough. PEACE!! **two fingers**
ME, Abby & Becky... beauties in a row...
I look good, huh?
Sequined hairband @ RM5.90.
Blouse from once upon a time christmas dinner.
Pants from the same once upon a time christmas dinner.
Belt from Mum Inc.
Black boots that don't match cos in a hurry to get out of the house.
Over colourful bag from Dad Berhad.
Necklace and matching earrings from last-minute RM9.90 sale from Metrojaya.
Makeup from Charlotte & Charlotte Beauty Specialist.
Several people commented on my improvement in my Mandarin. It must be from my want to be able to speak more in Mandarin for my MC jobs. It honed me to listen more carefully. I was trying to make every inderstand a joke or two. Some of the english versions were not totally translated to mandarin and vice versa. It wasn't possible because I use a lot of pun on words.
So i tell a totally different joke in mandarin - sometimes. I was actually CRACKING my head trying to find the correct words to use.
THEREFORE, if you should need a tri-lingual (English, Malay, Mandarin) Emcee... Please email me at clowno@gmail.com.
Charges apply... :-)
I already have a booking for March 2008...
BUAHAHAHAHA...
----------
No comments:
Post a Comment