
A performance using loads of paper and everyday household materials.
"Man could direct his ways by plain reason, and support his life by tasteless food, but God has given us wit, and flavor, and brightness, and laughter to enliven the days of man's pilgrimage, and to charm his pained steps over the burning marble."
Sydney Smith

Which CLOWN wants to marry me???

I think THIS clown looks smart and cute enough for me!
------------
"God cannot be solemn, or He would not have blessed man with the incalculable gift of laughter."
Sidney J. Harris
-------------
Have you heard of the clowns having their own code of conduct? Here it is, and I'm proud of it!
The Seven Clown Commandments
- I will keep my acts, performance and behavior in good taste while I am in costume and makeup. I will remember, at all times, that I have been accepted as a member of the clown club to provide others, principally children, with clean clown-comedy entertainment. I will remember that a good clown entertains others by making fun of himself or herself and not at the expense or embarrassment of others.
- I will learn to apply makeup in a professional manner. I will provide my own costume. I will carry out my appearance and assignment for the entertainment of others and not for personal gain or national publicity when performing for either the National club or Alley events. I will always try to remain anonymous while in makeup and costume as a clown, though there may be circumstances when it is not reasonably possible to do so.
- I will not drink any alcoholic beverage prior to any clown appearances. I will abstain from drinking alcoholic beverages and smoking while in clown makeup and clown costume. I will conduct myself as a gentleman/lady, neither molesting nor interfering with other acts, events, spectators or individuals.
- I will remove my makeup and change into my street clothes as soon as possible following my appearance, so that I cannot be associated with any incident, which may be detrimental to the good name of clowning. I will conduct myself as a gentleman/lady at all times.
- While on appearance in makeup and costume, I will carry out the directives of the Producer or his designated deputies. I will abide by all performance rules without complaint in public.
- I will do my very best to maintain the best clown standards of makeup, costuming, properties and comedy.
- I will appear in as many clown shows as I can.
-----------
If some of you noticed, I never (or i try to) remove my make up in public. I also (try to) seldom act like my usual self once in costume.
I have had times when my make up wasn't put on properly or neatly. I can tell you I was extremely conscious the whole time! That's why clowns decide to have (use) the same design 90% of the time.
I thank God for giving me more funny bone than others.
--------------
The Clown's Prayer
As I stumble through life,
Help me to create more laughter than tears,
Dispense more happiness than gloom,
Spread more cheer than despair.
Never let me become so indifferent
that I will fail to see the wonder in the eyes of a child,
or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged.
Never let me forget
Never let me forget
that my total effort is to cheer people,
make them happy and to forget,
at least momentarily,
all the unpleasantness in their lives.
And,
in my final moment,
may I hear You whisper:
"When you made my people smile,
you made Me smile."
2 comments:
The top[most-less] pic. Is it male or female?
what d'u think? ;P
Post a Comment